A cookie is generally a tiny data file that resides on your computer, mobile phone, or other
device, and allows MTN to recognise you as a user when you return to the MTN online store
website using the same computer and web browser.
There are different types of cookies. Here are two examples.
A “persistent” cookie – this cookie is set once you’ve logged on to a website. The next time
you visit the website, the persistent cookie will allow the website to recognise you as an
existing user or registered user so you will not need to log in before using the services.
However if you wish to access or change any of your payment information (like a credit
card number) or your registered information, you must log in securely again with your
password, even if your computer contains a persistent cookie.
A “session” cookie – this cookie is used to identify a particular visit to a website. Session
cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases
doing so may impact your ability to use the website.
There are several things to consider before starting your own venture, least of all what type of business you would like to get into. Among other things you need to think about the legal and financial side of registering a company, consider the financial implications of striking out on your own, and have a Plan B in place lest things not go as planned. This quick quiz will reveal whether you have put enough thought into your idea and are ready to take the plunge, or whether you need to spend more time at the drawing board first.
1. Do you have an idea in mind as to what type of business you want to start?
2. Have you drawn up a business plan?
3. Have you considered whether your intended business meets an identified market need?
4. Have you undertaken any market research of your own or have you studied existing market research?
5. Have you fully considered the financial implications of starting a business?
6. Do you have enough money saved to float or fund your business for the first three to six months?
7. Have you elected who will manage your business's books and records, and complete and submit the relevant tax returns?
8. Have you identified your business's target audience or customer?
9. Have you established what registrations, licences, permits or similar legal requirements you need to have in place for a new business?
10. Have you considered where your business will be based, if not from home, and what you need to secure premises?
11. If your idea is something you need to copyright, or which will have intellectual property rights, have you researched this thoroughly and consulted a lawyer?
12. Do you have a plan in place should your business fail?
13. Have you defined goals for your business, be they short term or long term?
14. Do your friends and family support your decision to start a business?
15. Are you ready for all the stress – and the risk – that comes with starting a business, such as long hours, financial pressure, uncertainty and possible failure?
‘MTN has been exceptional in service and we at UMEME LTD find it extremely easy to recommend them to any serious business in search of a stable, reliable and competitive ISP provider.’
Nelson M. Bagenda - IT Service Delivery Manager
UMEME Ltd, Uganda
‘"Une stratégie claire a tous les citoyens et à tous les employés contribue à faire avancer la societe et l'enterprise."’
Donald Kaberuka - Président de la Banque Africaine de Developpement
‘"IL faut se dire Qu'échouer N'est pas une option."’
Stanislas Zeze - CEO & Chairman de Bloomfield Investment
‘Etre Leader C'est savoir parfois partir de zéro pour atteindre la premier place.’
Habib Koné - Directeur Général de la Banque Atlantique Côte d'Ivoire